No empty bottles? Get to drinking! ;)
Wine Bottle Craft
Supplies needed:
- wine bottles
- tissue paper
- spray paint
- Mod Podge (glossy)
- small paintbrush
- cardboard (for work surface)
Drink wine. Rinse bottles with warm water and soap. Remove labels. Dry.
Put the bottles on top of cardboard in an open area. Cover bottles completely with spray paint. Let dry.
While the spray paint is drying, cut your tissue paper into squares. The squares do not have to be perfect and can be different sizes. Make sure that you have enough squares to cover and overlap on all of the bottles.
"Paint" the entire bottle with Mod Podge. Stick the pieces of tissue onto the Mod Podge. You can overlap pieces of tissue. Try to flatten them onto the bottle as much as possible. Cover the entire bottle with tissue paper squares.
Once the bottle is covered with tissue paper, you will paint over top of the tissue with another layer of Mod Podge. Cover the entire bottle. This will help flatten the tissue paper and make it stick to the bottle. Let the Mod Podge dry. I did Mod Podge, tissue, Mod Podge on one bottle and then moved onto the next bottle. I used the glossy Mod Podge so that it gave a shiny finish after it dried.
Arrange the bottles onto a tray for a fancy decoration!
Add flowers...whatever you please! Be creative! Have fun!
What is your favorite kind of wine?
Any other craft ideas for bottles OR wine corks?
Want to try a Fall wine bottle craft? Check out my Candy Corn Wine Bottles:
what kind of tissue paper did you use to get the designs?
ReplyDeleteI just used regular tissue paper that had a black and white print on it :) I think I bought it at Target...? Any tissue paper would work! Printed or plain.
ReplyDeletewao! i like it! the red balls did it you? How can I make them?
ReplyDelete